It was a Tuesday. Lunch as usual at mom's store. I get a call on my cell phone from my friend who is a local ob-gyn. A baby boy will be born soon who needs parents. His mother does not want to meet his adoptive parents and has signed away her parental rights. I'm shaking. My mommy looks at me: "is it a baby?" I nod and call my very caught off guard husband. He wants to know more and so do I. That afternoon we visit her office and find out more. He will be born soon and he's perfect. He needs a family and that family is us.
While we talk to her, Ashley goes and buys 2 dozen baby blue cupcakes. We spend the rest of the evening knocking on the doors of just a few of our closest friends, handing out cupcakes, hugs, and the best news ever. Daniel gets so distracted he backs into a ditch and pops a tire. Thank you, Taylor, for changing it!
The next few days we spread the word to friends and family. We are still in shock. Then, our small group goes into action: ripping up carpet, painting, and starting online registries. I stand in awe in the middle of my house, listening to this amazing group of men and women who have prayed so diligently for this child. Laughing and crying with joy as they paint and move furniture. We, baby included, are so so blessed.
His name will be David Holman. David meaning "blessed" and Holman after Daniel's paternal grandfather who passed away this past year. He will be born very soon and we will be at the hospital patiently awaiting his arrival. This is what he looked like last week:
Thank you, my friends and family, for your constant and generous support. Please keep us in your prayers as we prepare for his arrival. Pray for his birthmother as she prepares as well to give us this most amazing gift. Although papers have been signed, his birthmother will legally still have some time to change her mind. Pray that she will feel peace in her decision for this precious baby. For those of you awaiting your special little ones, always know that you remain in my prayers. As we approach the season of miracles, remember that they can still occur. We are looking forward to ours very very soon! More to come!





Love you (and Daniel and David) I can't wait for tomorrow!What a beautiful miracle.
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing...praying for you and birthmom!!!
ReplyDeleteyay!!! what a miracle! Praying for tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteWOW!!!! Praying for you!!! What an awesome blessing!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to get my hands on that little miracle!!! Can't. Wait.!
ReplyDeleteWow! So exciting - and Congratulations! What an amazing miracle!!! Praying!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Congratulations, hope all continues to go well...
ReplyDeleteoh wow!!!!! You just made my day. I am so happy for you. Can't wait to see pictures. Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteI am sitting at my desk in tears! What a mighty God we serve! His faithfulness is neverending. Praying for you, the baby, and the birth mother today!
ReplyDeleteAMAZING and AWESOME news!!! I'm so excited for you and will be praying for a smooth transition, peace for birthmother, and all around joy at your home! What a miracle and a blessing! I'm so so so so happy for you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat GREAT & AMAZING news!!!! I'm so incredibly happy for you! Congrats a million times. I will be thinking of you and for the birth mother and for David!
ReplyDeleteHallelujah!! :)
I do not know you, but we have a very special mutual friend, Bethany Vaughn. I found your blog through hers, and have been following your amazing, happy, and sometimes heartbreaking journey. I read this post with tears running down my face - miracles do still occur! Although we've never met, I am so incredibly happy for you and your husband. I look forward to seeing pictures of your bundle of joy! Praying for you all!!!
ReplyDeleteRachel,
ReplyDeleteI am SO happy for you. I've been thinking about you since Beth told me the good news. You and Daniel deserve this so much! Hope to see you (and David!) soon!
-Joan
Oh Rachel! I've just been praying that God would bless y'all with a baby! HE is so good! Get ready for an amazing and wonderful journey! I'm so excited for you!!
ReplyDeleteI have been praying daily for your family. I cried when my mom told me she ran into you and heard the news. I can't wait to see pictures of your family.
ReplyDeleteWow, wow, wow! Just amazing! I am praying for all of you today.
ReplyDeleteRachel!!!!!! This has made my day! I will continue to keep you all in my prayers! Congratulations!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI cannot stand it any longer ~ I have to reveal my stalking self! I am Bethany Vaughn's mother and I have followed every detail of your story through your blog and of course through her. I have been ready to burst with excitement for you and Daniel from the minute Bethany told me the news! I have prayed for you two faithfully but when Bethany told me she had prayed that you would have a baby before any of the girls in your small group delivered I thought "way to put a limit on God"! However, I stand corrected with "way for me not to have enough faith"! Thank you so much for all your honesty, for ALWAYS giving God the glory, and for reminding us all that God is good even when things don't go the way we want or expect! So excited that your sweet baby boy is here!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I'm crying for you! I'll pray for you and the birth mom to have peace.
ReplyDeletePS - Will you give your ob/gyn my number if this situation happens again! :)
Holy shmoley!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful Christmas present!!!
So happpy for you guys!!
I am just in awe of our Amazing Father, and how He answers our prayers...sometimes in ways we could never imagine!! SO HAPPY for you!! And, I can't wait to see pictures of YOUR precious baby! :)
ReplyDeletePrayer works! It's an awesome thing. So happy (and partially jealous) for you!! So awesome. If anyone deserves it, it's totally you!!
ReplyDeleteRachel words can't describe how happy I am for you and Daniel. I will be praying that 5 days comes and goes with little stress. Have fun enjoying your sweet baby boy! There is nothing better!!! Elizabeth Herron
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad to have gotten to share this journey with you two (now three). Thank you God for a sweet, healthy, beautiful baby boy!! What a story he is continuing to knit for this little one. We are fervently praying that you are able to enjoy the next four days, but that they go quickly as well. We serve a sovereign God who has already ordained the days for baby David, rest in His truth and enjoy that sweet boy!
ReplyDeleteSweetest Rachel,
ReplyDeletePraise GOD for this most AMAZING miracle sent from above :) I sit here crying a river of happiness for you and Daniel, as no couple deserves this blessing more. The two of you will shower your little boy with such love...more tears as I look at this sweet face. I'm just SO, SO happy!!!!
My dearest childhood friend dealt with infertility for 11 years and received her miracle in July. Like you, the call came fast and she had little time to prepare. Today, she and her husband are enjoying every second of their beautiful daughter :)
May GOD continue to Bless You and Your Family
xxx
ps Happy Birthday Daniel Holman!
"For this Child we prayed and the Lord has granted what we asked of him"
Oops! I was thinking of your hubby Daniel and him running in the ditch and typed my Happy Birthday wrong!
ReplyDeleteIt should read:
Happy Birthday David Holman :)
xxx
OMG this is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteRachel ~ It's Katie (formerly Pugh), and I'm way behind on all of my blog reading. it's been a while since I've visited with you, but I'm so thankful that I didn't miss this announcement. Wow! I can't believe it. Well, I can, because God is good. He's so kind, and His ways - though totally not ours - are nothing short of perfect. Though we've yet to meet, we love you guys and can't wait to keep up with this new chapter of your lives. To God be the glory!!!
ReplyDeleteRachel----a blog update is desperately needed missy!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are holding your precious son in your arms right now and everything is going well!!