Saturday, November 28, 2009

A little more introduction

Today has been a pretty hard day so far. Really, it's been a tough week so far. This week my father-in-law, grandfather-in-law, and uncle-in-law have all been in the hospital. I've determined that everyone in our family needs to visit a cardiologist...ASAP!

Today we found out that our IUI didn't work. Another month, another cycle begins today. One draw-back from starting this blog was that I have resolved that my infertility WILL NOT define me. But, with the type of schedule we have to keep, it's hard for it go far from your mind. I'm not sure who will read this blog, but I found a video a while back that does a good job describing some of the feelings we have had over the past few years. You can watch it by clicking here. I've been reading some books this week that have given me some things to think about. Here are some things that I have got to keep in mind:

  1. My joy comes from the Lord. Not from a baby. God is enough.
  2. Even though it is just me, my husband, and my two cats, I already have a family. It's painful for people to ask me when I'm going to "start" a family. I already have one! I need to nurture it and take care of it, even though it is just us.
  3. I'm going to cry when I need to cry, and laugh when I need to laugh.
  4. I'm going to try to remember when people say hurtful things like, "when I was your age, I already had three kids", "Enjoy your freedom", "well you can take mine for a while", "just relax", "just adopt", etc, that they don't understand my situation and it's ok. There are always going to be people that think they are experts on everything. They are not perfect and neither am I.
  5. I'm going to keep my eyes open to see what God wants me to be doing right now. Maybe there is something He wants me to do before we have children.
Lately I've been reading some books that have helped me out, so if the above describes your situation....read these! :)

Also, please subscribe to the Stepping Stones newsletter. It is great!
Thanks for reading & I promise I'll blog about something other than this soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment