Thursday, December 17, 2009

Feeling Blessed

From my recent posts it is obvious that I've been feeling pretty sorry for myself. The last week has just stunk. More "pickles" arrived on Tuesday when I proceeded to back my husband's truck into a basketball goal. I know. I went to see my RE. He cured my bronchitis, told me to double up on my birth control pills, and set me up an appointment for Jan. 5th. Happy New Year.

I kinda had a turn yesterday when I got to do some things for other people. How is it that the best way to get out of a funk is to help someone else? I love it. :) Recently, I've heard some really sad stories that have made me want to reevaluate what Christmas is all about. One of my co-workers had all of her Christmas presents (and daughter's birthday presents) stolen out of her house yesterday. Then, a patient's mom came in and told me about the hardships that they have been experiencing. Both of these women are great moms and I hope that we can help them somehow.

Recently, I read a great book called
Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan. In it he talked a lot about how we need to help those around us. The "least of these" that are placed in our lives. It also addressed two other things that I feel my life is full of: worry and stress. This is what he said, "Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives. Stress says that the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace towards others, or our tight grip of control.... they both reek of arrogance". Ouch. So today I am feeling blessed and not stressed.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal"
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

1 comment:

  1. Oh double frog face for this one and the one before it!!

    ReplyDelete