Thanks girls!
Since this is my 100th post, I thought now would be a great time to let the blogger world in on our latest news: We have applied for domestic adoption. After a lot of talking and a lot of prayer. We've decided to move forward with the adoption process. We sent in our 20 page application and have received our case worker. That's pretty much all we have right now. We are going to start our home study soon so we are preparing our house (with more smoke detectors and fire extinguishers ;)and our hearts (with books and lots of prayer) to go through the process.
So here's what I need from all of you....
- We need your prayers!
- If you know of any good books I need to read, let me know!
- If you know of anyone adopting, give them my contact info!
Some of you might be wondering about our quest for a biological child. It has not stopped by any means. I am still drinking my lovely herbs and consulting with my TCM practitioner. I don't think we will ever stop trying to conceive a biological child. BUT, I believe very firmly that we will end up with the child that God wants us to have. Period.
Have a great evening!
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28






Happy Birthday Rachel! And you will be in my prayers as God leads you through the adoption process!
ReplyDeleteYAY - we did not do private adoption, so I am no help, but I *can* get you a list of books, as well as tell you things that we have done that have worked (and not worked) as we are parenting an adopted child.
ReplyDeleteIf you felt led to do it, there is a reason.
Love you Rachel!!!!!
You need to read Adopted For Life by Dr. Moore (first name is escaping me). It is so wonderful and spiritually challenging too. It is great! Also don't forget you can ask me anything you want. Who is your case worker? We have turned everything in so feel free to hit me with questions!
ReplyDeleteI have not read the Adopted for Life, but I have also heard it is incredible!! I will be praying for you as you start the journey into adoption...being in the fertility limbo, I understand what a huge step it is to decide to do adoption while still hoping to conceive. Good luck :)
ReplyDeleteHey Rachel ~ I am Bethany Vaughn's mother. I follow you through her blog and pray for you and your husband regularly. I'm so excited that y'all are going to pursue adoption. Just wanted to let you know that we have some good friends who adopted through Lifeline and the guy, Ryan, (he used to be youth minister at our church here in Sylacauga) actually went to work for Lifeline after their adoption (he is no longer with them but is in another ministry in Birmingham). Also, they went through the process with some of their friends that we followed and prayed for, and they attended church with Bethany and Alex in Tuscaloosa. Talk to Bethany ~ she can get you in touch with both couples. I'll be praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteHapppy Birthday!!! And I'm so excited for you about starting the adoption process!!! =) I will pray for you for sure. That will be our next step too but we're not quite ready yet. But I'm really happy for you and I hope it goes smoothly.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed our BAM trip tonight :) Can't wait to dive in to all these new books and info!
ReplyDeleteOh Rachel, I am so excited for you guys! And Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteYou can always check books out from the Alabama Pre/Post Adoption Connections library (where I work). We have thousands of books dealing with everything adoption. You can give me a call or shoot me an email if you are interested in checking something out or have other adoption specific questions! (334) 673-0008 or lwilliams@casapac.org. You can also check out our website (it's kind of ancient, so don't judge) to see what other services you guys will be able to use once you adopt! www.casapac.org It really is a cool organization that I had no clue was out there until I started working here! :)
As my mom said I know two couples who have adopted through Lifeline. One of which worked for them for a few years. They both did international adoptions but I'm sure they have helpful info for y'all. I will give them your email if you would like.
ReplyDeleteAlso, we have always felt that we would adopt one day so if you ever need someone to unload on or share what's going on, I can't give you advice but I will be a very interested ear. Post what books you get and read. I would love to get some good ones.
What a beautiful picture of our own redemption adoption is. And your family will have such a clear, real life picture of what Christ has done for us! We love you and are praying for everyone involved.
Hey Rachel,
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog and your post about tears last week was wonderful. I sent that to quite a few people last week, a friend whose husband had passed away, a friend that had a miscarriage, and a friend that is going through international adoption. It really spoke to a lot of people. Thanks for sharing your heart!
One of our good friends is pursuing adoption through Lifeline right now. They live here in Hoover and would be a great resource if you need any information. They have completed everything and are waiting for a baby! The have a great social worker and she gets a few of her couples together from time to time so that they can interact and meet other couples going through the same situation. Send me a message on FB and I'll get you their contact info.
Another friend in Gadsden went through the whole process but used an agency in California I think. They ended up with a surprise and so they moved to a different status but they went through the whole process and were waiting on a baby so she could help you if you need any info too.
I also have a lot of friends who are all doing international adoption and will be glad to give you their blogs if you are interested in reading about adoption in general.
Praying for you!
Lauren Grigsby Weathers
Rachel, My husband and I are also part of that same group that meets together with our social worker.
ReplyDelete