Good morning! My mom is doing well this morning. She's had some nausea/headache, but she will be moving to a room today :) I went to see her at 5 am then at 9 am and she looks better every time I see her. Last night, after the afternoon visiting time, my Aunt Trenia and I got out of the hospital and went to dinner. Coming back, I started getting nervous about staying in the hospital waiting room alone (I think Trenia was thinking the same thing). Going into the waiting room, there were a few people there and one girl told me that I looked familiar to her. Turns out, we had a mutual friend and were in a wedding together once! Her name is Tracie and her father is also in the CVICU. She had her two friends Natalie and Aldger were with her until around midnight and I think I talked their ears off (I'm really good at that!). There I was thinking I would be watching Hulu all night by myself and instead I made some precious new friends who kept me thoroughly entertained and giggling all night. Tracie, if you are reading this: I cannot thank you enough for your presence last night - you are truly a blessing. I settled into one of those fold out chair beds (and had all of my electronic devices plugged in all over the room!) and drifted off around midnight.
I woke up when Tracie started stirring around five and went in to check on Mom. She has had GREAT care since she arrived and her nurses have been wonderful. While visiting with Mom, I realized I didn't turn off my cell phone alarm and went back into the waiting room to find both mine and Tracie's cell phone alarms going off (cue: IPhone Marimba). What a mess we sounded like! Since then, more family has arrived and we are hoping she will be in a room before the one o'clock visiting time.
So far: surgery has gone well, she's well taken care of (and will get her chest tube out tomorrow morning), and I actually slept, sound and safely, last night. So today, continue to pray for Mom's healing, but add one more: Tracie's father is having trouble coming off of the ventilator. Please keep Tracie, her father, and her sister in your prayers today. They have been such a comfort to me recently and I pray that they will be comforted this weekend and that their father will be healed.
Updates will be coming and have a great Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Continuing to pray for your sweet momma's excellent recovery and will be praying for Tracie's dad as well. Praying for knowledge and skill for the doctors, for them to know the best way to manage his vent and get him off of it asap!!
ReplyDeleteRachel, I am so glad we "bumped" in to each other last night. Thanks for mentioning my dad on here so that others will be praying. The more the merrier :-) And thank you DeniFay for praying as well.
ReplyDeleteTracie