Saturday, October 23, 2010

We Are Outta Here!

Great News! My mom's culture is back (to determine why she had the fluid) and there were no malignancies found AND the doctor does not think that the fluid will return. She got her chest tube out this morning AND she is getting discharged at three o'clock today! PTL!!

I spent the night in her room last night. Her pain worsened around nine o'clock and she decided that she wanted to get out of the bed and back into the chair/recliner that she sat in for most of the day. I protested, but she was determined to get in that chair. Sure enough, after getting some pain meds and getting in that chair: she slept great until about 7:30 this morning (with limited vitals checks, etc). With her in the chair, she suggested that I sleep in her bed. So me and my big blue sleeping bag slept in the hospital bed last night. If a hospital worker came in during the night they would see me in the bed, I would point to mom in the chair, they would giggle and then do what they came in there for. We are so glad to be going home!
Mom got some cute flowers today that had a built in Kipper dog in it made with carnations: Do you see the resemblance? 


In some sad news, Ashley's grandfather did pass away around ten o'clock last night. Please continue to keep her family in your prayers. Thank you for all of your prayers and have a wonderful Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. ha ha ha, that's awesome that you slept in your little sleeping bag in the hospital bed. I bet the nurses were so confused. :) I am so glad to hear your mom was sent home today and the results are looking good!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your mom got to go home and that her cultures came back clear! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete