Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Surgery Surprises...

First off, thank you so much for your prayers for my surgery. I feel so incredibly blessed by my friends, family, and fellow bloggers :) My surgery was yesterday around 1:00. During the surgery they made a few discoveries. One is that my endometriosis wasn't nearly as bad as last time and they were able to get most of it out. Dr. Long told my husband and mom that my endometrial lining was very puzzling because it looked like that of an older, obese woman. Yikes! They put me on a medication called Megace to get rid of that lining and safely grow a new one. When they told me what he prescribed I didn't believe it. The only thing I've ever heard Megace used for was for an appetite stimulant! There goes any dieting plans :(

The most random occurrence during surgery is that they took out my appendix! I guess it had too much endometriosis on it, so they went ahead and took it out. Random! Overall, surgery was very smooth. I didn't get nauseated and I was able to pee quickly after surgery (that has been a problem in the past). Right now, my worst pain is in my shoulders from the gas that they blow you up with. I'm not sure about the timeline for future fertility endeavors will be, but I have a follow up appointment on May 11th to find out.

By far the worst thing from yesterday was reading about RachelP's miscarriage. Please visit her and let her know that you are praying for her during this difficult time. I'm so sorry for your loss, Rachel :( please let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

Thank you again for your prayers and have a great Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. So glad it went well, though sorry about the apendix part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your surgery went well. Oh well, at least you didn't have to dread a second appendix surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling ok and it went well. That's crazy that they took your appendix...but no biggie at the same time. I don't have mine b/c of appendicitis in college. Good times and nice scar ;). Hope you continue to feel better and better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just curious....but when they do the surgery do they go in through your abdomen or through Ladyville?


    Glad it all went well. Hopefully you'll be all fresh and clean in there now!

    I too am sad about RachelP's miscarriage. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! They went both ways. The D & C was done through "lady land" and the rest was a lap with 4 incisions :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol at the last 2 comments! I am so glad that it went well and I will be praying for the rest of your appointments. Love love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's crazy...at least you will never have to worry about that appendix bursting! Who needs it anyway? :) I am so glad things went well and hope the recovery is painless and quick!

    ReplyDelete