Friday, July 23, 2010

Are you SURE it is a dress?

I have been busy every day this week trying to cram in as much "Jennifer" time as I can! She left today and I miss her already.  Just wanted to tell you about a "Rachel Moment" that I had this week. It started out bad, but then I just had to laugh at myself! I was at Old Navy shopping and found this precious dress at the FRONT of the store (ok, picture your local old navy, where are the dresses?). Tried it on, loved it, and took it to the cash register. 

The sweet couldn't-be-more-than-sixteen cashier holds up the dress and I ask her..."Are you sure that this is a dress and not a nightgown?" She responds, "Of course it's a dress." I respond with an "It was up here at the front with the other dresses...but are your SURE?"  Her response, "It is a dress. It's really cute. BUT I could never wear it because I'm a Mom." Me: "Excuse me?" Teen mom says, "Well, you know when you're holding a baby and they are always pulling on your clothes and stuff. My baby would never let me get away with wearing a dress like this without pulling it off!" Me: "Well, lucky me" 


So, I go home. I wear my dress all day Saturday: worked at the store, went shopping, etc. Then, I slip it on with a white cardigan and some little pearls and wore it to church on Sunday. Shopping on oldnavy.com today...hmmm....I wonder if there's any other cute dresses at old navy...wait, where's the dress i bought? Oh, no! It's in the sleepwear section. Well, sorry Gadsden. I wore my nightgown outside all weekend...and I might just do it again :)

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha. That is really funny (all but the teen mom moment)! I think it's very cute whatever it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, very cute, I'm sure you pulled it off! Too bad about the teen mom bit though. Not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny! I don't remember seeing it, but I'm sure you looked adorable as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stinkin hilarious, Rach. I mean...really? I can't believe the cashier. Can't wait to see the "dress" in person - didn't get to talk to you last Sun to really see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hilarious (about the dress/nightgown)!!! And wow about the cashier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOO to the cashier.... but the rest of the story is absolutely hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep wearing that multi purpose dress :) Sleep in it, play in it, work in it!!! Who ever said fashion had rules anyway? Besides, I pride myself in breaking rules these days anyway!

    Cute story!

    As for the encounter with the cashier, *sigh* I've dealt with those moments and they sting, but we are resilient :)

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete