...And we're off! We received our first phone call from our social worker today. Our first home visit will be August 23rd...my husband's 32nd birthday :)
That also means that we get home from vacation on Thursday night and our house has to be ready by Monday at noon! We've got to get busy! We downloaded the manual from our adoption agency's site and are officially overwhelmed by all this paperwork. I actually purchased The Complete Idiot's Guide to Adoption at Books a Million last night. I'm just taking it one page at a time. Now I've just got to find sometime to get fingerprinted before we leave for the beach. I wonder what the gossip in Gadrock will be when the word gets out that I was being fingerprinted at the courthouse! Have a great evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Rachel,
ReplyDeleteWhat exciting news! The support you will get from the community of those adopting children will be amazing! I have read one blog inparticular, Life According to Leah, and she has navigated both infertility (for years) and is in the final days of bringing her son home. She is doing an international adoption, but there are so many who read & follow her blog that could give you some insight. Another blog to read is my friend Beth's...I'll send you her info. She's a wonderful christian woman who would be very open to you emailing her.
I have complete FAITH in this leg of the journey. Enjoy your vacation and please keep us posted as things progress :)
Much Love
Andrea
Rachel,
ReplyDeleteBeth's blog is:
www.slivertanner.blogspot.com and is titled "Walking the Journey"
She is the absolute sweetest woman and suffered infertility for a long time. And is mother to 2 little boys, one a "true miracle" of God and the other God's greatest gift through adoption. You can email her if you like, as I think she would be very helpful. Currently, she is taking a break from writing on her blog, but do visit if you like :)
Wishing you the absolute best! Enjoy your vacation :)
Congratulations hon! So very exciting and a great b-day present for the hubs as well (well, minus all the cleaning ;)
ReplyDeleteI wish you the best with it and PLEASE keep us posted! (((HUGS)))
Wow, that's fast to already have the home study scheduled - for so soon even! I guess I am used to working with the state...they do things a little differently. :) I am so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteRachel - it is even worse than you fear (as far as fingerprints go) - unless things have changed, you actually have to go to the county jail..... :) I had to go several times.
ReplyDeleteYou know I am praying for you guys!
Oh Rachel, I'm so excited for y'all! I hope everything goes well and turns out beautifully for you!
ReplyDelete