Monday, August 30, 2010

From Heart Walk to Heart Scare...

What an eventful weekend we have had! Friday night was Paint The Town (fun, as usual :) Saturday morning, I got up early (which is tough for me on a Saturday!) and went to walk at our city's "Heart Walk" for the American Heart Association. Here's my co-worker Barb, Me, and Ashley before we REALLY started sweating! 
After 2.5 miles we went back to the car and decided to go and visit my Mom. When we got to her store, she told me that she had been having a weird feeling in her chest (some heaviness, racing, and "gurgling" feelings). We ended up going to the ER to have her checked out. 
After a (thankfully) clear EKG and monitoring, they decided to admit her for observation. So, Mom and I had a "sleepover" at the hospital (which is also my employer). She was released on Sunday morning and instructed to follow-up with her cardiologist this week. She's feeling a lot better today. Whew!

We have our next visit with our case worker this Friday. I'll go at noon and he will go at 1. They split you up to discuss what we wrote in our "autobiography". Also, this week we will work on our "profile". For those of you out there that have made profiles, any suggestions? 
One more thing...My Oma turned 91 yesterday! We are going to take her out tomorrow night. 
 Happy Birthday, Oma!
Have a great evening!

4 comments:

  1. It depends - every agency calls all their stuff something different..... Are you talking about your profile that the birthparents will see? We did a photo album/scrap book type - you can do a photo book inexpensively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did ours on our Mac computer through iphoto. We choose the spiral bound one and then we ordered 6. I think they ended up being about $25 a piece, fairly comparable to other sites. We gave them 5 and kept one for ourselves. Have fun with it!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the walk and I'm glad to hear your mom is ok. SO frightening! I wish you the best on Friday and Happy Birthday to Sweet Oma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that is so crazy. Shows just how important those walks are! They raise money and do wonderful things for detection, prevention, etc. I am so, so glad everything with your mom was clear! And happy birthday to your Oma! How fun to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete