Monday, May 10, 2010

Peace of Mind

So, I ended up staying home from church on Sunday. Shame on me, because I missed a great start to our pastor's new sermon series on Genesis. Thank you to all my friends that were so sweet to take time out of their Mother's Day to check on me. You are so sweet! We went to the in-laws for lunch and then my Mommy and I went shopping. We packed it up and got out of town :) We also stopped at my Oma's to visit. Her dog, Tippy, is so funny! Every time I got the camera out he stopped and posed for me! Here are some pics...

(This is my Mom's cat, Madison. She never gets any blog space!)

If you know me well, you know I love to go "junkin" and at an estate sale a few months ago I picked up this little purple book called "Meditations" by Crowell. It is a woman's devotional book from 1951. All of my bible studies have ended, so I thought I would take a look. At first, I thought "what would a 1950's woman have in common with me?". The more I read, the more in common I found. You all know I love the old school poetry and in light of my doctor's appointment I decided to post her poem entitled "Peace of Mind"...
I prayed for peace, and God delayed
The answer to the prayer I had prayed.
I thought it something He would share
From His great store, and so my prayer
Went daily up that I might know
The singing joy, the warmth, the glow
Of peace that someway I had lost.
But now I know we pay the cost
For everything that we hold dear.
I read God's Word, and it is clear
That peace comes only when the heart
Is stayed on Him. The staying part
Must be my own, and I must cease
My doubts and fears, then perfect peace
Is promised. Dear God, help me stay
My wayward heart on thee today. 

I pray for peace of mind tonight that whatever Dr. Long tells me I can accept as part of the big plan for our lives. Have a great Monday night!
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have PEACE. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world!" John 16:33

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your Mother's Day went as well as can be expected on such a day. :) How did your appointment go with Dr. Long? What did you learn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting the poem! I have a hard time leaving my worries in God's hands so I need constant reminders to do so!
    Glad your appt went well! I hope I'll be able to do my FET in July!

    ReplyDelete