- Dr. Long (himself) called me yesterday afternoon. He explained what the high FSH means which is basically that I may have a low ovarian reserve (AKA: not a lot of eggs). However, he did say that this would not have an effect on the quality, just the quantity. He said that the experts say that your ovarian reserve is only as good as your highest FSH level. If that is the case, I am in deep trouble :(
- He did direct me to a program that has a 3 round IVF program that is shared risk that everyone gets accepted into. This is ARC Fertility and I called them this afternoon. I've been on their website today and saw the application that you submit. I tried to get the lady on the phone to give me a range of what this could cost (everyone's is different) and she wouldn't even give me a range. Check this out: You have to pay $75 to apply just to find out what your cost would be. If you do it, the $75 is applied to your cost, if you don't...you are out $75. What??
- I have checked out some other clinics that have shared risk IVF programs, but all of them (including Shady Grove) require normal day 3 bloodwork. I don't have normal 3 day bloodwork.
- I got my packet from Fertility Lifelines today. We will not qualify for their compassion drug program because of our income. We are in such a catch 22...We make too much money to get free drugs, but we don't make enough to comfortably drop that much money on drugs.
- I have some leads on some local TCM providers, but I still need to make some phone calls. We do have an opportunity to see the one that my friend saw in Florida, but we still need to work out details.
- All the places on the internet that have grants, etc that you can apply for are not local enough for us to get or we don't qualify because of our income.
In non fertility news, I'm going to see "Date Night" tonight so I'm ready to laugh! Other good news...Joint Commission has left our hospital, so no one is going to corner me and ask me how to work a fire extinguisher or what the patient national safety goals are...whew! Other fun stuff, our new Paint The Town paintings are up for June...only two classes. We are busy girls! Here they are...
Vase of Sunflowers - June 4th
Fun in the Sun-June 25th
I hope everyone has a great night and thank you again SOOOO much for all your invaluable information! :)





what drugs do you need? I have some extra. One .5 ml of ganirelix preloaded syringe, one ,5 ml of ovidrel preloaded syringe, 5 boxes of crinone 8% progesterone gel 6 per box. check with your RE to see if they will work for you. If so, I will send them to you.
ReplyDeleteRachel,
ReplyDeleteRegarding the high FSH, it seems like the end of the world when you hear that dreaded number, but there is great hope for us :) Mine is not so great either, so you aren't alone. Also, my hubby's cousin told me while we were at the beach that her FSH was high and she conceived despite it and has not one, but two beautiful children..they are 1 yr apart. SO, it can be done!
Hang in there as all the red tape and organizing of the treatment is tiring, not to mention people are not always the most helpful when you are inquiring.
Be good to yourself and know that we are rallying you on!
HUGS
Hey Rachel,
ReplyDeleteI'm confused about this paint the town stuff. Are you painting these??? If so, you are awesome!!
I am going to have some leftover drugs too. I have a friend irl that is going through this, but if she doesnt end up doing IVF then I would LOVE to give them to you. I have a ton of Ganirelix, one vial of Lupron. 10 vials of Menopur and a few vials of Bravelle.