I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! We went to the lake with around 16 of our friends to eat, eat, eat some more and lay in the sun :) So much fun! Thanks John and Margaret for hosting us! (I can't believe I didn't take a single picture!)
On the fertility front, we have made a decision. This morning I made an appointment for June 12th at The Tortoise Clinic in Destin, Florida (the clinic my friend used). We are going to try Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for a while. High FSH has been shown to improve with it, so it is worth a shot, right?
Our reasoning behind trying this is mostly that the medication that I've been on for the past few years has actually hurt my body more than helped it. If you think about it, I've had the same surgery two times in six months to remove things that wouldn't have been there if I had not done the fertility drugs. Basically, if we jump into IVF and it doesn't work, I'm looking at another surgery. I would rather try TCM right now. It will not do anything but improve the state my body is in right now. Not only to try to conceive without doing IVF, but get my body into the shape before we tried IVF.
One thing that I'm looking forward to with the TCM is someone looking at the big picture of my health. Right now, I'm getting 1-2 allergy shots a week (and take 3 allergy meds every day), I'm on blood pressure medicine, and I have a terrible gut. When I told this to the clinic this morning, she said that all of that could be targeted because it is all connected.
I'm so excited (other than the fact I can't brush my tongue until I go...Yuck!) To top it off, We get to go to the beach for a couple of days! Thank you, Kala and Taylor, for giving us this opportunity!
One more thing...today was my MawMaw's birthday and I miss her so much.
Happy Birthday in heaven, MawMaw! (and yes, that is me as a blonde...)
If anyone has any experience with TCM or acupuncture....Let me know :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Oh, (((hugs))) to you! I'm sorry about these choices you have to make. Not easy. There's a woman my husband worked with who now does accupuncture and has been trying to convince us to do this. I've tried it once and didn't like it but may be willing to now again...
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your grandma! I miss mine too. I actually wrote about mine in my journal - she had a lot of trouble and miscarriages and I just wish she were still here so we could talk about it...
Wow - look at you, blondie! :)
I've done acupuncture and find it very therapeutic and relaxing. Also, many of those whose blogs I follow have used an LAT in conjunction to an RE. My thoughts, for what they are worth, "go for it"! As my Dr. friend (also an infertile) says "give it a whirl, it certainly can't hurt".
ReplyDeleteYour Grandmother looks so sweet...reminds me of my Grannie in Heaven. Grandmothers are just SO Special.
HUGS
ps the naps at acupuncture sessions are the best ;)
Oh Rachel! I'm so happy you hopped on over to our family blog! It's so odd to me the random people that find us online.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. I had no idea. I just hate it for y'all. I have not been in your shoes so I can't say "I know what you're going through" or any of those things, but I can pray for you and pray that God will bless you with good health and a precious little one one day!
OK, I am finally getting around to reading and commenting on blogs...I apologize for being a slacker blogger friend. :) I use the Center for Reproductive Medicine in Mobile, AL Their website is http://infertilityalabama.com/index.html. Did you look into them and their program? I know nothing about it but I just wanted to make sure you knew about their practice. Also, if you need a place to stay when you are down in this area you are more than welcome to stay with us! We are still a 2 hour drive to Destin, but much closer than from North Alabama!
ReplyDelete