Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Jen Update

First of all, I want to thank all of you so much for your concern for my sister. Thank you for your sweet comments, emails, texts, and most of all, your prayers. A thoracentesis was just done to remove fluid build up in her abdomen. She has an enlarged liver and spleen. They believe that she has some form of liver disease (that is in our family medical history). She's in pain, but can have limited pain medicine because of her liver. Her heart rate is also very high.
So here's what we need to pray for:
  • That her pain will be relieved and she (and my mom) will get some sleep tonight (She's in a semi-private room with a hard of hearing older lady)
  • For the wisdom and compassion from the nurse's/doctor's to figure out how to fix her
  • For people to come into their lives to minister to them since they are far away from family
I'm feeling very helpless right now and I want to be there so bad. My aunts and uncles have been wonderful to step in and take care of my mother's business, her home, her pets, etc. I wish there was something I could do for mom and Jen. Thank you so much in advance for your prayers for my Jennifer.

3 comments:

  1. Joan just called me and I am so worried. Please, please keep us updated as best as possible. We may not have spoken in years, but she is still my sister and I still love her like one. I will most definitely be praying hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Mary said. I'll have lots of people praying, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update Rachel...she has a lot of people praying for her!

    ReplyDelete