The week before last when my sister was visiting, she and my mom came down to the loveliest village on the plain to watch Auburn play Clemson. We had a great time wandering around campus where all three of us have lived, learned, and loved. It is growing so much and it's been a while since Mom and Jen have seen it. Here are some photo highlights....
This was the funniest sign I've seen all season....homeboy! ;)
Last night was a great game against South Carolina. No pics, but plenty of memories. On the way home, I began reading a great book ALOUD to keep my husband awake (we arrived home at 2 am on the dot and still made it to early service....woot woot! That also = 3 hour nap this afternoon). By the end of the first chapter we were hooked! We laughed, we cried, we laughed until we cried and my husband was hyperventilating and we nearly had to pull over. My face hurt from smiling as I rolled into bed.....and we haven't even finished the book! The book is called "God and Football" and it was written by a guy from my hometown that I actually knew in high school. The coolest thing about yesterday is that the topic of the book (how to balance love of God with love of football) was something that we frequently discuss and had discussed on the way down earlier that day. I'll give you a better review once I'm finished, but you need to put this on your (AND your husband's) "To Read" list :)
Glad to see someone else loves their football team as much as I love mine! Yours is doing much better this year! One of my good friends married an Auburn fan and we love to heckle each other and argue over what his little girl should wear on game day! I think his influence is winning out! :)
I'm a Christian, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a speech pathologist, a cat owner, an Auburn alum and fan, and praise the Lord.... I'm a Mommy!!!!
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him, it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord - Lamentations 3: 21-26
Glad to see someone else loves their football team as much as I love mine! Yours is doing much better this year! One of my good friends married an Auburn fan and we love to heckle each other and argue over what his little girl should wear on game day! I think his influence is winning out! :)
ReplyDelete