Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Face the Fear

Don't you love it when Old Testament characters rock your world?

Last night we watched our Beth Moore "Esther" video (Session 4) and she was talking about Esther facing her fear of approaching the king without being summoned (because if he didn't extend his scepter = death). She told an interesting fact about the Bible. The most common command was:

"Don't be afraid!"

Esther said in 4:16 "If I perish, I perish".

What are we afraid of?

Beth Moore had us fill in the blanks...

"And if ___________, then _________"

The answer to the second blank HAS to be GOD. My God will take care of me!

"And if I can't have a baby, then I'll get out of bed and My God will take care of me!

"And if I'm not pregnant this month, then God has a plan!"

"And if I'm not meant to be a mother, then God desires to accomplish something monumental in me!"

"And if my marriage suffers through a lack of children, then God's going to demonstrate His sufficiency to me!"

Let me tell you, I'm the first to not make these "then's" be the first "then's".

My first "then" will probably be:
  • cry my eyes out
  • not want to get out of bed
  • whine, wail, and pray
But THEN......GOD!

Happy Tuesday and I'll tell you the rest later :)

The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;
your love, O LORD, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands!
Psalm 138:8

2 comments:

  1. "Don't you love it when Old Testament characters rock your world?"

    This sentence made me chuckle. :) Good post!

    ReplyDelete