Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wait

Still in Esther...and loving it. Our video was great last night and of course it was so pertinent to our current situation. It was about waiting. Beth Moore said that one of the most important concepts of providence in Esther is time and she stressed the importance of knowing when it's "time" and when it's "time to wait". And waiting appears to be something everyone around me is dealing with.

We all seem to be waiting on something. Some of us are waiting on a baby, some of us are waiting on a mate, some of us are waiting to graduate, to find a job, to get buy a house, to get a raise, and some of us are just waiting on the new season of Glee to start (I just slipped that one in to make sure you were paying attention, but I can't wait!) But what are we really waiting on? An event? A thing? A person? OR are we waiting on the Lord?

She made a statement that I'm going to have to adopt. We need to know that the "meantime" is "God-time". What does Isaiah 40:31 say? The NIV says hope, the KJV says WAIT. When we wait in the Lord what happens? The Lord will renew our strength. If we are waiting for an event or thing, we are not putting our trust in God and what His plan is for our lives and our strength will start to fade because we will be constantly disappointed! If we can just take a step back and wait on HIM and HIS time - that is when we can "run and not grow weary."

Here are some "waits" in scripture...

WAIT for the LORD, be strong and take heart and
WAIT for the LORD - Psalms 27:14

Be still before the LORD and
WAIT patiently for Him. Psalm 37:7a

WAIT for the LORD and keep his way. Psalms 37:34a
I WAIT for you, O LORD;
you will answer, O Lord and my God. Psalms 38:15

I WAIT for the LORD, my soul WAITS,
and in His word I put my hope.
My soul WAITS for the LORD
more than watchmen wait for the morning...Psalm 130:5-6a

For the LORD is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who WAIT for Him. Isaiah 30:18b

I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will WAIT for him." Lamentations 3:24


I hope that when you find yourself in a season of waiting (like Esther did to reveal Haman's evil plan to Xerxes), I pray that some of these verses ring in your ears. What am I waiting on? Am I waiting on MY plan to go my way? Or am I waiting on the Lord to reveal his perfectly timed plan for my life?

Thank you for joining me in our season of waiting and have a wonderful Tuesday night!

5 comments:

  1. I am going to have to get this Beth Moore study on Esther! Everytime that you blog about it I feel encouraged and strengthened by the scriptures and insight shared. Thanks for keeping us all updated on what you are learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting is the hardest thing. Thanks for posting this. I do need to say that Waiting for Glee is easy =) I'm so in love with that show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea that "meantime" is "God time"!! This is awesome!!! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post. I have been going through the same thing and wrote a post a week of so ago on God's timing and how he reminded me that it is, in fact, perfect. I did Esther a year or so ago and loved it. Thank you for reminding me of all of the goodness in scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your posts are always so uplifting. Thank you! I liked the "in the meantime is God-time" part too. I can always use a little help with the waiting and this was just what I needed to hear. =)

    ReplyDelete