Thursday, March 4, 2010

JCAHO, Jewelry, and Jesus...

So we had a "mock survey" with Joint Commission today at my lovely workplace. This is the time of year when I wake up in a cold sweat because I can't remember the acronym for using a fire extinguisher (Which by the way is PASS - Pull, Aim, Squeeze, Sweep...thank you, thank you...) and trying to figure out how that paperback book wandered into my therapy room (only board books or books with plastic pages allowed!)
So anyway, they came by while I was in my therapy room so I didn't have to talk to them (YEA!!) However, the head injured teenager in my room was very amused that my ear was pressed against the door trying to hear what they were saying! We did great and I'm glad that's over with...until the real surveyors show up!

Tonight was fun. I went with my friend Lea to a Premier Jewelry party. I got some little gold cross earrings and some pretty coral earrings. I'm thinking I may have one of these parties sometime, because #1 Some of the money goes to missions, #2 The jewelry is not that expensive, and #3 I just like to see my friends and get together :) So watch out Gadsden friends, we may be getting together soon for jewelry!

My other recent purchase was the other day when I was shopping for sweet Cy's birthday party. I know that technically I don't have a child to read this to yet, but I bought it for me.

It is the The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His NameThis is the sweetest Bible I have every read. It weaves Jesus into every story (the subtitle is "Every story whispers his name") and tells the Old and New Testament as an adventure story. (From Page 18)..."It's an adventure story about a young Hero who comes from a far country to win back his lost treasure. It's a love story about a brave Prince who leaves his palace, his throne - everything - to rescue the one he loves. It's like the most wonderful of fairy tales that has come true in real life! You see, the best thing about this Story is - it's true."

The illustrations are beautiful and the stories come alive. It puts things into a perspective that I never thought about. My husband and I were reading the "A Terrible Lie" chapter (AKA: The Garden of Eden) and I never realized that Adam and Eve tried to HIDE from God. This would really relate to a child because what do kids do when they know they've messed up? They go and hide! It told about how hurt God was when they had sinned and how he still loved them with a "Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love."

I love, love, love this book! So, when your shopping for that next baby shower, pick up this book and get a copy for yourself, too!

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Rachel :)

    I LOVE the Children's book! How incredibly wonderful :) I look forward to adding it to my sweet Nephew's Easter Basket.

    Oh how I love children's books...secretly, I want to author one someday. When I see books that I can't leave on the shelf I buy them and add them to my library, as I may not have a child today to enjoy them, but I am HOPEFUL in my future.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and I look forward to journeying with you.

    Hugs and Prayers
    Andrea
    persuitofourfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the book recommendation! I just added it to my Children's Book wish list on ama.zon!

    Found you via Amanda at Where's My Stork. You sound like a lovely person & I look forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete