Thursday, June 17, 2010

Herbs are Here!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I was waiting on all my herbs to arrive and talk to Dr. Drew again. I read The Infertility Cure: The Ancient Chinese Wellness Program for Getting Pregnant and Having Healthy Babies he told me that I was having "Kidney Yang/Yin" issues as well as "Liver Qi deficiency with dampness". He sent me some herbs to boil and drink 3 times a day. I'm also on Reishi Forte drops, fish oil, and Vitamin B. I stopped eating dairy last Saturday (I miss you, milk!) and have already started feeling better. 

Before I left for Destin, I had my allergy testing redone to see how much my allergies have improved over the last 5 years of weekly allergy shots. I first had this testing in high school and had a score of 294 (if you have a score of 100 or more, you have to start shots). I did them for several years and gave up in college. After I got married and started working in Gadsden, I had them redone. Score: 990. My doctor said it was the highest he had seen. Started shots one to two times a week until the beginning of June. Retested to see the "improvement"....1,255! I got worse! Just call me the bubble girl. After hearing this, the TCM doctor informed me that it was related and we would be working on that as well. 

I'm really excited to get started. He told me that after the "harmonizing" herbs I'm doing right now, I'll have a set of herbs for each part of my cycle. Very cool. Now if I can choke down this tea three times a day we will be doing great! Here are some pics of the herbs after they arrived and of my cats reaction.
 
The herbs (one bag is for 2 days of tea)

  
"What do you think?" 
"I Love it!"

3 comments:

  1. I'm raising my tea cup with you! Cheers to you Rachel and may you continue your journey on to success :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness that's a lot of herbs! If you don't mind my asking... are they very expensive? Also, how did you like The Infertility Cure?

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all! The book was great! VERY informative. If you don't go to a tcm practicioner it's hard to self diagnose, but it gives a good explaination about why your body is doing what it is doing. The herbs were inexpensive in IF world: two weeks worth for about $55 and then some reshi forte drops for $35. I'm already feeling better!

    ReplyDelete