Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Late Start and Fun Ahead!

I never oversleep. Never. Ever. But this morning I woke up, stretched out my arms, thought to myself "I feel so rested. Look at that beautiful sunshine!" SUNSHINE?!? Looked at the clock: 7:55. I have to be at work at 8. Panic mode sets in and I call my secretary who informs me my first patient is at 10:30 and "Rachel, if you picked a day to sleep in you picked a good one." Whew!Work was good today. Very pleasant (aside from the 5 year old who informed me he was going to beat me up [which came out as "I gonna bee you uh!!!"]) I made about a zillion tissue paper flower balls for a shower. More on those later...

This weekend is the baby shower from one of my best friends from high school, Stephanie (AKA: T-Dog). She is having a baby girl named Zoe soon and we can't wait to meet her! I'm very fortunate to still have friends in my life that have been with me since we were in elementary school. I wouldn't trade them for the world and I'm so excited to see them this weekend. Here are some highlights from us growing up together (most of these are of Stephanie, the mommy to be, and the hostesses for the shower :)

Birthday Parties (circa 1987- Meredith, Me, Stephanie)
Halloween (circa 1988 - Stephanie, Me, and little sister Jen - what are you doing,Jennifer?)
Middle School Dance (I love it! That is my husband in the front!)
Ninth Grade (Stephanie and Me)
Danceline (I'll show you best of the best!)
Home From College (circa 1999?)
All Grown Up!


Someone asked me how I'm going to handle being at a baby shower this weekend considering our current baby-less state. Well, I know for a fact that there will be at least 5 people at this shower that will body slam anyone who begins bugging me about having kids and I'm not going to let infertility rule my life. End of story :)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday!!

ps: before you become amazed at my collection of old photos, I have a confession to make: My sister and I scanned 90% of our family photos and stored them on Picasa for my parents last year :) Merry Christmas, again Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Awe that's so cool you're still friends with those girls! The pics are awesome. I can't believe you knew your hubby when you were that young! That's so cool! Have fun tomorrow, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete