Today was a super Sunday. Not just because of the Super Bowl :) Today was officer installation at our church and my husband was installed as a deacon. I didn't think I was going to get emotional during the service, but I got very teary. I'm just so proud of the man he has become. At the end of the installation, all the elders came to the front to lay hands on the new officers and pray over them. To see my father in law standing with his son was so moving. I pray that our future children will love the Lord. I pray that I can be a godly mother one day.Our services over the next month are going to focus on missions and I found it very appropriate for the men who committed to "minister to those who are in need, to the sick, to the friendless, and to any who may be in distress" to be installed into their positions as we began this month. I found it very convicting this morning as our pastor spoke of our duty as Christians to take care of these people (as if I didn't read it enough in "Crazy Love"!). It is so easy for us to get so wrapped up in ourselves as we go through trials in our lives. I need to make more of a commitment to reach out to others and do the job that we, as Christians, were given.
I go for my follicle measuring appointment tomorrow morning at seven. I'm hoping they will be big enough that no more medicine will be needed!
Have a Happy Super Sunday!
PS: Please read my friend Meredith's blog today; you will be blessed!





That must have been a beautiful moment to see your hubby installed as a deacon!! I probably would have been bawling ;-)
ReplyDeleteI have found that reaching out to others (particularly at the pregnancy center where I volunteer) really helps me take the focus off of my troubles. Good luck in the upcoming month and the focus on missions!