Friday, February 19, 2010

The Verdict Is....

Enough Said.


By the time my Monday appointment comes I'll be at least day two.Spotting Stinks and another month has past (and it is definitely not implantation bleeding per Dr. Google). We've been talking and I think I want to take a month off from the drugs. I have gained too much weight without trying to lose it. I don't exercise because it's either: a. I'm on my period and I'm too sad and crampy to work out b. I'm on injectables and I'm too uncomfortable c. Ovulation time and don't want to knock anything loose :) And then we start the cycle again. I eat to comfort myself sometimes and I'm packing on the pounds! Overall, I just feel unhealthy. I haven't been cooking enough and I need to commit to cooking more. I just want a month without excess hormones. (and so do my family and friends, probably!)

I saw this today in Streams in the Desert (I promise they are not paying me to talk about this book, but everything I'm reading is so very appropriate!) The book is full of scriptures, quotes, and poems. The book is very old (1925!) so some of the poetry is old fashioned sounding and you know I love it! Here's something to think about today.... (Author Unknown, Page 72)...

Chance has not brought this ill to me;
It's God's own hands, so let it be,
For He sees what I cannot see.

There is a purpose for each pain,
And He one day will make it plain
That earthly loss is heavenly gain.

Like a piece of tapestry
Viewed from the back appears to be
Only threads tangled hopelessly.

But in the front a picture fair
Rewards the maker for his care
Proving his skills and patience rare.

You are the Workman, I the frame.
Lord, for the glory of your Name.
Perfect Your image on the same.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, I am so sorry about the spotting. I HATE SPOTTING!!! Just being the way I am, my first inclination is "is it implantation?" but then I remember that all the times I've spotted, I start my period :-P I think if you are feeling like you need a month off, a month off you should take!

    Thank you for all your notes from Streams in the Desert- I'm going to have to check out that book for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! I think you should do whatever you think is best. And over here, I will keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm here for all the hugs and poor babies you can take. love you!

    PS... "verdict" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry things, didn't turn out the way we all wanted them to this month. One a lighter note, enjoy your medicine free month. I think I'm not far behind on needing a break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry! If you want/need to take a month off for yourself take it. It may help. I had to take a few months off b/c of my thyroid and it helped me a lot actually. I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete