Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Door Opened, Door Closed...


My appointment with Dr. Long on Tuesday went pretty well. Even with 3 cysts on each side, he still thinks that we should go ahead with the Ovulation Induction (OI). I actually got to see him and ask questions. I told him about our insurance not paying for the drugs anymore. (Our insurance paid for some of our injectable drugs for 3 months then sent us a letter stating that they "accidentally" paid for them and they would no longer be paying for them...thanks Caremark!) The nurse then brought all of the Bravelle that I needed and said, "We thought we also may have some Menopur, but we don't....here ya go!" I nearly passed out. That just knocked about a grand off of our fertility tab for the month!

Instead of calling Caremark, I ended up ordering from Freedom Fertility. (sidenote: If you are a person on fertility drugs reading this and know of a great place to buy and pay out of pocket...email me!) That turned into..."oops, the FedEx truck just left, lets see if someone could courier a vial to you then the rest can come on Thursday." To which I said, "I know you live in Boston and life continues like normal if it snows, but it may snow on Thursday and my town is going to shut down if it does."

She sent me 3 vials. :)

So the door opened. I can't worry about paying for drugs because they were literally dropped into my lap. So, the door that was closed.... Follow this connection: A patient that I have has a mother whose cousin is pregnant and due in April. DHR is going to take the baby. A couple of weeks ago she asked if I wanted the baby. What?!? You're offering me a baby?? Spoke to my husband and he said we would pray about it. On the way home from the doctor's office I got a call that the baby's daddy's parents want the baby. Door closed.

So a new month begins. I'm guarding my heart for sure, but I'm excited to see what God has in store for this month.

I'm going to go to the window to see if it's snowing yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment