I don't think my husband will ever post on this blog, so I'm going to add some of his own words. He sent me this in an email yesterday and showed that he really does have a peace that "transcends all understanding."
"I think that God has a plan and we may never know what it is. As for me, I am going to praise him for who he is, what he does, and what we can become through him. I don’t know why we have not been given what is the desire of our hearts. I don’t know why we are made to suffer while the world seems to move past us by. I do know that we should count it as a blessing that God thinks enough of us both to bring about situations in our lives that will draw us to him.
You are all the earthly family I’ll ever need. If God lets us in on the plan, I’ll follow it. If you get a feeling about what we should do, I’ll listen.
God has not failed us, science has. Your body is perfect just the way God made it. You have talents and gifts that the world will experience in the way God intended them to in time.
I love you more than words can express. Join me in worshiping God for who he is, what he does, and what we can become through him."
My cup is overflowing...and I'm sippin' from the saucer.
"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior." Habakkuk 3:17-19





WOW. I am so freakin impressed with that email!!! Isn't it an amazing blessing to have a Godly husband?
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting on my blog- I look forward to keeping up with you!
What a sweet man!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome. I have been trying to get Barry to write a blog post and he asks "Do any other husbands do it?" My answer always is no...so he doesn't post. Maybe I can convince him to now that your hubby sorta did... :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Girls!! I am so blessed to have that man!
ReplyDeleteWow....that was an amazing letter!
ReplyDeleteThis is my favorite part: "God has not failed us, science has. Your body is perfect just the way God made it. You have talents and gifts that the world will experience in the way God intended them to in time."
Your husband sounds like a wonderful man!