My appointment on Tuesday had me with 4 small follicles, so I had to do one more shot last night. I went back to ART this morning (5:45 - Thanks Ashley! You deserve more than Starbucks!!) and two of the follicles had REALLY grown!! My nurse gave me a high five (it was so cute). Tonight, Mama Dana gave me my "trigger" shot and I should ovulate some time in the next 12-24 hours.It is just now becoming clear to me that I really may have some hope this month. I'm excited to see what is in store for us. It has been a long journey. I realized the other day that all of the blogs I read (and there's a lot of them out there) all do a recap of what they've tried, etc. Well, here's ours....
September 2007 - Started trying
February 2008 - Asked OB/GYN to do tests, she ignored us
October 2008 - Changed OB/GYN and started tests.
November 2008 - Discovered I had high Prolactin and started Bromocriptine
February 2009 - Femara - Negative
March 2009 - Femara- Negative
April 2009 - Femara- Negative
May 2009 - Clomid- Negative
June 2009 - Clomid- Negative
July 2009 - Started with RE
August 2009 - Follistim 100 IU for 6 days, HCG Shot , 8/24 Positive Pregnancy Test,8/27 Negative Pregnancy Test
September 2009 - Started meds, SIS on 9/2/09 showed polyps, started Birth Control Pills 9/23/09 surgery for polyps and endometriosis removed
October 2009 - Loestrin 24 (Birth Control Pills)
November 2009 - Follistim 150, Menopur 75 for eight days, HCG, 11/14 IUI - Negative
December 2009 - Loestrin 24, SIS on 12/7 showed pseudopolyps and cysts
January 2010 - Bravelle 150, Menopur 75 for seven days, HCG
There's my Infertility History and Physical :) If only I had room to put all the tears, laughter, joy, anger, prayers, phone calls, sleepless nights, exciting stories, encouragement, disappointments, car rides, waiting rooms, questions, and answers in between those dates. What a long journey it has been.
Thank you for traveling it with me.
My soul finds rest in God alone; My salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62: 1-2





Please add the story about dr. S doing that horrible test!! I will always ride this roller coaster with you... Starbucks or not!!
ReplyDeleteThat story will remain untold! (ps: There will ALWAYS be Starbucks :)
ReplyDeleteRachel, I am so glad that you started this blog! I just went through and read all of your posts and I hope you know how often I think of you and pray for you and Daniel. I know we do not live (very) near to each other, but please know if you need anything that I am here for you.
ReplyDelete