Monday, February 1, 2010

Daniel is Done!

We are officially finished with Daniel. We started it on November 22nd and watched our last video last night. It was great to do a study with just me and my husband, but it got tough around the holidays (we were trying to do 5 days/5 study days/video on night of day 5 instead of 5 days in 7 days, etc). My poor husband probably got tired of Beth Moore calling him "sister" and talking to her "girls", but I knew when it had gone too far when he started calling me "beloved" (I know it sounds sweet, but it was a sarcastic "beloved" done in Beth Moore's Texas twang :)

She said something in the last DVD that I loved: "God's kindest intentions unfold under the worst circumstances." Isn't that great? Studying the last half of Daniel was really neat (and very difficult to understand at times - she about lost me talking about the seventy 7's, and time times and half a time! Just read it...) but talking about end times really gives you an eternal perspective. Which I believe is really important when going through trials in your life.

I go to the doctor tomorrow for baseline numbers. Leaving the house at 5:30 with my momma keeping me awake :) I'm curious to see what things are looking like. My biggest fear, of course, is tons of cysts and getting canceled. However, every canceled month we have used as a "month of rest" so I'm trying to stay positive no matter the outcome.

Have a happy Monday!

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast."
1 Peter 5:10

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like that a lot..."God's kindest intentions unfold under the worst circumstances." Thought provoking... :) How did the appointment go this morning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is awesome that you and your hubby studied Daniel!! I hope your appt went well today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great!! Thanks for your prayers, girls!!

    ReplyDelete