Thursday, February 18, 2010

Keeping the Hope Alive

I'm trying to keep the hope alive. (I think this wording shows that I've been watching tooo much Olympics!) I started spotting today. (Can you believe it, A?) 8dpIUI. It is so hard not to:

A. Get your hopes up that it is "implantation bleeding".

B. Let your hopes go down the drain.
So far spotting = no baby.

How can I find that happy medium?

In my Streams in the Desert, it says...

"The psalmist said, "I am still confident of this, I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living" (Psalm 27:13). He had not yet seen the Lord's answer to his prayers, but he was confident he would see, and his confidence sustained him.


Faith that believes it will see, will keep us from becoming discouraged. We will laugh at seemingly impossible situations while we watch with delight to see how God is going to open a path through our Red Sea. It is in these places of severe testing, with no human way out of our difficulty, that our faith grows and is strengthened." (page 79)

So I must believe I will see. Even if my answer is "No" this month, what is it that God is going to place in my path to accomplish this month? I pray I keep my eyes open to see it. And As Lisa said in the first comment, "The very next verse in Psalm 27:14 says "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." oh it's so hard though!" I will try to live my happy medium.

Speaking of happy, I got to be around a super happy baby tonight. I went with my friend Marianna and her two precious children to eat pizza tonight. Sarah Grace can eat more than any baby I have ever seen (I think she might have eaten more pizza than me!) I love my Laughlins!
"Evan, where is Sarah Grace's nose?"

"There it is!"

Happy Thursday!!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

3 comments:

  1. The very next verse in Psalm 27:14 says "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." oh it's so hard though! Again, great quotes from the book. Saying a prayer for you right now as you wait...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Lisa! That is wonderful and so very hard! (i'll add it above!!) Thank you for your prayers and know you're in mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I hate spotting! Haha :) I am praying that your spotting is the good kind, unlike mine!!

    ReplyDelete