
"Although I have afflicted you, ...I will afflict you no more." Nahum 1:12
A few highlights...
"If the affliction is sent to test us so that our words would glorify God, it will only end once He has caused us to testify to His praise and honor. In fact, we would not want the difficulty to depart until God has removed from us all the honor we can yield to Him"
"Even the fact that we face a trial proves there is something very precious to our Lord in us, or else He would not spend so much time and energy on us. Christ would not test us if He did not see the precious metal of faith mingled with the rocky core of our nature, and it is to refine us into purity and beauty that He forces us through the fiery ordeal."
"Just as weights of a grandfather clock, or the stabilizers in a ship, are necessary for them to work properly, so are troubles to the soul. The sweetest perfumes are obtained only through tremendous pressure, the fairest flowers grow on the most isolated and snowy peaks, the most beautiful gems are those that have suffered the longest at the jeweler's wheel, and the most magnificent statues have endured the most blows from the chisel. All of these, however, are subject to God's law. Nothing happens that has not been appointed with consummate care and foresight." (Pages 77-78)
Still no results from the progesterone, but no worries...I'm taking two HUGE pills everyday! Today was MUCH better and I'm looking forward to catching up with some old friends tonight over some sushi!! (cooked, of course!) See ya in a minute, girls!
(I love you with a 30 on your head, Jsho!!)
(I love you with a 30 on your head, Jsho!!)One more thing...I got a sweet surprise from my precious friend, Bethany...
Fresh Pineapple (good implantation food!) left in my mailbox and
wishes for "happy implanting"!
Fresh Pineapple (good implantation food!) left in my mailbox andwishes for "happy implanting"!
Thank you, sweet girl!
Happy Tuesday!





Rachel,
ReplyDeleteWhen do you get to start testing? In a week?
I'm still praying for you! I've been eating a lot of pineapple lately. I'm not to that stage yet....but the bromelin in it is good for inflammation.
I take my first blood beta on Monday! Five days! Amazingly enough I was overdue for my annual pap smear etc so I'm having that done then too. I'm hoping to get some results before I leave the office! :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE LOVE LOVE those excerpts! That sounds like a really neat book!
ReplyDelete