My phone appointment with Dr. Long could not have gone any better. I said everything I wanted to say, asked everything I wanted to ask, and heard everything I needed to hear (except: "Rachel, you're pregnant!" ...maybe next month:)
He started out by saying, "Are you freaked out?"
Me: YES!
He then told me these things:
- My surgery is not as urgent as I thought. He said we could wait and keep an eye on the endometrioma for a few months. Whew!
- He told me that he was beyond surprised that I was not pregnant this month...he was convinced from my scans and numbers that I would be.
- He said for me not to give up on my body, because he hasn't.
- He said that if I did have surgery it probably would not include a D&C. Whew!
- But the biggest thing he said was, "I could tell that there was something that you wanted to say when I saw you. What was it? What do YOU want to do?"
I told him that I would like to take the month off of the drugs and keep an eye on the endometrioma. If I wasn't pregnant this month: do April with drugs and if the endometrioma changed then we would talk surgery.
He said that it was a "wonderful, healthy idea." Praise the Lord! He told me that we've been "kicking the ovaries for months" and maybe they could handle this month on their own. I asked if I should come in for monitoring or take the progesterone at the end of the month. He said no. He wants to see what my body will do and he said (my favorite) "I would not be a bit surprised if you wound up pregnant this month."
I wanted to cry I was so relieved and happy. So, today is day 2 of a drug free month. No extra hormones, no shots, no driving to Birmingham. Just me and my husband (and a trusty Clearblue Easy Ovulation Monitor).
YES!
I read this in my Streams in the Desert
Is there some problem in your life to solve
Some passage seeming full of mystery?
God knows, who brings the hidden things to light.
He keeps the key.
Is there some door closed by the Father's hand
which widely opened you had hoped to see?
Trust God and wait - for when he shuts the door
He keeps the key.
Is there some earnest prayer unanswered yet
or answered NOT as you had thought 'twould be?
God will make clear His purpose by and by
He keeps the key.
Have patience with your God, your patient God,
All wise, all knowing, no long lingerer He,
And of the door of all your future life
He keeps the key.
Unfailing comfort, sweet and blessed rest,
To know of EVERY door He keeps the key.
That He at last when just HE sees is best
Will give it THEE.
Some passage seeming full of mystery?
God knows, who brings the hidden things to light.
He keeps the key.
Is there some door closed by the Father's hand
which widely opened you had hoped to see?
Trust God and wait - for when he shuts the door
He keeps the key.
Is there some earnest prayer unanswered yet
or answered NOT as you had thought 'twould be?
God will make clear His purpose by and by
He keeps the key.
Have patience with your God, your patient God,
All wise, all knowing, no long lingerer He,
And of the door of all your future life
He keeps the key.
Unfailing comfort, sweet and blessed rest,
To know of EVERY door He keeps the key.
That He at last when just HE sees is best
Will give it THEE.
Thank you, God, for that comfort in knowing YOU are in control.
Happy Wednesday!





Praise the Lord!!! Oh I am so glad to hear it!! I have checked my google reader several times throughout the afternoon hoping I would hear how the phone call went. And that seriously couldn't have gone any better! Yea for no meds and trying the old fashioned way!!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I'm so happy that it went so well! I knew you could do it! I'm so happy that he is on board with what you want to do and you can take this cycle off of meds. I hope you get a sweet little surprise. =)
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking about you, and decided to check one last time for an update. I'm glad you got all the answers that you wanted! Have a wonderful month medicine free!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting that poem... I love it & need it all the time!
ReplyDeleteThanks girls!!
ReplyDeleteYay, what a relief! Enjoy your month of rest! It is much deserved.
ReplyDeleteDo you have the book Valley of Vision? It is a collection of Puritan prayers, you would love it!
I am so happy to read this! I have been praying for you after hearing about the surgery! I love how he asked you what you wanted to do- my RE is also very open to seeing what we have in mind, and it is such a blessing I think!!
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord. Funny Bethany mentioned, Valley of Vision. I have been thinking about it lately for you as well. My parent's gave it to me. It is edited by Arthur Bennett who wrote the title's poem itself. I'll email it to you. Starts off, "Thou hast brought me to the valley of vision, where I live in the depths but see Thee in the heights..." Love you.
ReplyDelete