Sunday, January 31, 2010

What A Weekend!

It is so nice to be sitting quietly in front of my computer. This weekend has been crazy! Our class Friday night was W-I-L-D. Lexie was trying so hard to teach the "DaisyMae" painting we did that night and people were singing SO loud she just shrugged and said "Ok, I guess we're singing now!" So fun :) Saturday started out good, until I realized that I stood Ashley up for lunch (sorry Ash!). We just ended up drinking coffee and hanging out at my mom's store waiting on the kids class to start.

We hosted a kid's birthday party at PTT Saturday afternoon and pai
nted the cute little owl tree above (AKA "Hootie") with kids ranging ages 5 to 12. They were such a cute bunch of kids! Here's how theirs turned out....

Some of our friends came in town so we left there and went directly to El Tap for some much needed "girl time." Random story: I went to the restroom at EL Tap and heard a little voice saying..."who's in he-ah?" I answered, "Rachel." Little girl (who is in a stall and I can't see): "Oh, I just thought it was my fwiend. We ahh having a giwl's night tonight!" (she can't say her R's). She proceeded to name for me all of her friends and she didn't know if they were going to spend the night or just watch a movie and asked if I had a lot of friends. It was the cutest thing :) I had to inform my table that we were not the only girl's night out in town!

After we left the restaurant, several of my friends received phone calls for one reason or another and received disturbing news that turned our girl's night into a cry fest. But isn't it good to have good friends to cry with? I love my girlfriends and hope that I can always be there for them as they are for me. It was so good to see them at church this morning and praising the One that their true joy comes from.

Have a happy lazy Sunday :)

"The Lord Your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with His love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:16b-17

1 comment:

  1. So glad you got to hang out w/ your girlfriends!! It sounds like an awesome time :)

    ReplyDelete